The Flight curriculum at middle school level is designed to meet the needs of gifted learners. Every other week students participate in STEM-related activities. The objectives of the gifted program at the middle school grades include the following:
- Students will use critical thinking skills to analyze and problem-solve different circumstances that arise.
- Students will collaborate with fellow peers, teachers, principals, or citizens in thecommunity to take on challenges.
- Students will communicate with empathy, learn to connect flexibly through speaking and listening to differing opinions, and will respond using different forms of communication such as verbal (presentations, conversations, etc.) or non-verbal ways (body language, essays, etc.).
- Students will use inventiveness to think creatively.
- Students will utilize different forms of technology to meet objectives.
- Students will strengthen their understanding by completing targets that have real-world application.