· Student completes written application and essay
· Application submitted to TBHS Guidance Counselor or Administrator
· Student interview is completed with school personnel
· Parental interview is completed with school personnel
· Student and parent commitment contract is signed
When interviews are completed, the staff will make the final selection; students will be notified whether or not they have been accepted to attend New Horizons either by mail or telephone. Once a student is accepted, they will remain a student at NHHS until they graduate, unless they are dismissed for disciplinary reasons. Returning students do not need to re-apply. Acceptance is based on availability and whether or not NHHS will be a successful placement for the student as determined by Transition Team and/or NHHS Administrator.