CPE Counseling Department
Our goal as School Counselors is to address the needs of our students' academic, personal/social, and career development as well as help create positive and safe learning climates in our school.
We spend 100% of our time providing students with preventative and responsive activities and services delivered through four program components.
- work closely with teachers to present guidance lessons twice a month in the classroom
- topics for lessons include social skills, problem solving, career exploration, and study skills
- collaborate with parents, teachers, and other staff to help provide the most successful academic plan and environment for students
- assist students through individual counseling and small group counseling
- consult and collaborate with parents, teachers, administrators, and community programs
- management of our guidance program and support for other programs in the school
- activities such as guidance program evaluations, school improvement involvement, community outreach, and fair-share responsibilities