Meet your NEW Boone Counselor!
My name is Lisa (Hamlett) Anderson and I’m excited to be a part of the Boone Tiger Family! I have been in education for 23 years with the first seven as an elementary teacher. Then I returned to school to pursue my passion of helping others. I obtained my Masters in Counseling Education through Missouri Baptist University. I look forward to meeting you and your family! Please let me know how I can help you!
I would like to take this opportunity to let you know about my role at this school.
Elementary School Counselors Help:
- Students…feel good about themselves, set successful goals, develop positive relationships, learn decision-making and problem-solving skills, become responsible for their behavior
- Parents…understand their part in their child’s learning experience, understand child development and behavior
- Teachers…create a positive learning environment, meet the individual needs of the student
What does a school counselor do?
The counseling program assists students in acquiring the skills and attitudes necessary to be successful learners and good citizens. A major focus of the elementary counseling program is on prevention and involves classroom lessons based on the Missouri Comprehensive School Counseling Program.
A School Counselor does…
- Work with ALL students.
- Facilitate small groups.
- Meet individually with students to do brief, solution-focused counseling.
- Maintain confidentiality of students and their families unless there is a need to know or a safety concern.
- Collaborate with parents/guardians, teachers and administration.
- Provide education and information about students’ social-emotional, career and academic development.
A School Counselor does NOT…
- Work only with students who are having problems.
- Facilitate therapy groups.
- Meet individually with students to do long-term mental health counseling/therapy.
- Give out discipline or assign consequences.
Get to Know Your School Counselor
I recently got married and have a wonderful husband named Brandon. We enjoying hiking, going to the gym, traveling, and watching our kids in all their activities. I have four amazing kids, my son Lane and three step children, Jake, Bradyn, and Alayna. They definitely keep us busy and we love it!
My goal is to help your child succeed. Your support and cooperation can help make your child’s school year a positive experience. If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to call 636-528-1560 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Degrees and Certifications: