Response to Emergencies
Lincoln County R-III School District counselors provide care and support for students impacted by a crisis or emergency. Our district partners with area organizations in times of crisis or emergency to help students and their families through incidents.
If you believe your child is in need of assistance due to a crisis situation, please contact their school counselor.
During an Emergency
In order for our emergency-response plans to be effective, we must depend on the cooperation and assistance of many people, such as local law enforcement and first responders. We also must have the cooperation of the parents of our students to support our detailed emergency-response plans. Your cooperation is vital to protecting the safety and welfare of all our children and school employees.
Therefore, we ask all parents to observe the following procedures during a crisis:
We hope you find the information contained here to be helpful in your understanding of and response to emergency situations. We encourage you to contact your building administrator if you have questions. Our schools prepare and drill throughout the school year in hopes we never have to implement these emergency plans.
- Please refrain from calling the school and/ or district offices. We understand and respect your concern. Keeping our phone lines open for emergency communications can help us mitigate the emergency more effectively.
- We employ every communication possible during times of emergency. The district and/or school will send out notifications via email, phone, push notifications on our mobile app, text message, and social media accounts. It is essential that the telephone system be available for these emergency communications.
- The safety of your child is our priority. Our next priority is timely and accurate information for our parents. We will begin communicating with parents as soon as possible without compromising the safety and security of our children and the faculty and staff of our schools.
- When necessary, you will also receive instructions on where you should go and how/when you may be able to pick up your child.
- District social media accounts and our website will be updated as information becomes available. During incidents, district officials are focused on the situation at hand. Social media accounts will be used to share information to a broader community quickly, not for two-way communication. When time allows, comments and messages will be addressed.
- Tune into local radio and television stations for emergency announcements and status reports.
- Do not come to the school or evacuation location until you are instructed. It may be necessary to keep the streets and parking lot clear for emergency vehicles. If evacuation is required, students may be transported to a location away from the school. Lincoln County R-III has sites planned and mobilization plans in place (We do not publicize locations until it is necessary for safety reasons). You will be notified of the locations through phone, text, email, or the district website.
- Talk to your children and emphasize how important it is for them to follow instructions from their teachers and school officials during any emergency.
- Carefully read or closely listen to all the information you receive from your school and/ or district. We understand it is difficult to process information during times of high stress; however, our success in communicating with all of our students, parents, staff, and community depends on our staff and you.